Saturday, February 16, 2008

Work Paragraph

Author's Note: This was the first paragraph I did for my COM 105 class. I received a 5/5 on it which is an A in the letter grade format.


Work Paragraph


Working at Mo'Joes coffeehouse has been the best job I have ever had thanks to the totally laid back and positive atmosphere, abundance of new people I have met, stimulating conversations and feeling I can openly talk about anything, and the fact that my boss cares about my input. First, Mo'Joes has a very laid back and positive atmosphere. I am always treated very nicely by all of the customers and have yet to have a confrontation with any of them. All of the people I work with display a much more positive attitude towards the job than any other co-worker at any of my other jobs and they seem to actually enjoy being at work. Next, I have made an abundance of new friends and acquaintances working at Mo'Joes that I have at any other job, plus these are people I actually would like to get to know more, hang out with on a personal level, and would also follow up with in the future if I ever quit working there. Thirdly, I feel that I can openly talk with anyone there about any topic, controversial or otherwise, which just leads to stimulating conversations that give me some enjoyment and allow me to get to know people on a more intimate level. Lastly, and this may be the most important factor, my boss actually cares about my input and asks for it on an almost daily basis, where as before any input I gave was either ignored or dismissed totally, not to mention the rare circumstances where my input was not wanted at all and was frowned upon if given. All in all, I could not ask for a better job and am glad that I found something that allows me to enjoy work.


No comments: