Thursday, February 7, 2008

And another one does, another one does, another one bites the dust...

On the Republican side anyways. Mitt Romney decided to call it quits and fold to the awesome might of John "The Maverick" McCain, leaving us with the evangelicals' hero, Mike Huckabee, to battle it out with "The Maverick". I can only imagine how proud James Garner and Mel Gibson are right now.

So why did Mitt the Mormon quit? Apparently it was for the love of god, country, and to keep those dirty liberals out of the White House so the terrorists don't win.

The one quote that really floored me was:
I am convinced that unless America changes course, we will become the France of the 21st century...
In all honesty I am perfectly fine with us becoming and would find such a thing particularly great, but in all honesty it probably won't go that route (I'll take their health care at least) and Mittens' quote is nothing more but the typical bullshit pandering that the Right likes to do to spook people in thinking that liberals are some kind of boogeymen out to steal their children or something.

Which is why I need to post my endorsement for Barack Obama and tell exactly why I want him to win. So sorry if I sound a little overly harsh, but I'm a bit fed up with the Right's talk-down wankery that I have been hearing non-stop for seven long years now. I don't know about you, but I'm a bit exhausted from it, know several moderates that are as well, and am ready to get America back on the right course and actually deal with some legitimate issues instead of calling each other names and pinning the evil tag on one another.

Just because some of us want a progressive agenda, doesn't mean we are in bed with terrorists as well...

No comments: