Monday, March 3, 2008

I Am A Bitch

So after seeing something that I found so insulting and misogynistic this morning I decided to jump on the train of calling it out, just to add another number to the list and more fuel to the fire.

David and Goliath tees put up a t-shirt, that is no longer on the site due to complaints, sporting a smiling model with the worst thing I have ever seen on a t-shirt. So I will just let you take a look for yourself below.


Luckily it was taken off a few hours later thanks to a large number of complaints being emailed to the company. But to rub salt in the wound, instead of apologizing for the t-shirt, David and Goliath decide instead to put up another t-shirt, featured below, that's just as bad and one that allows for a discount due to the complaints received earlier.


You can check out the full view on their website as well as get some recommendations that are just as classy, but I guess if you want to keep the patriarchal society rolling along, you have to convert them over while they are young and keep them in their place.

I also would like to add my voice to what Jessica and some others at feministing.com, as well as Jeff over at Shakespeare's Sister have had to say about this. If being a bitch means standing up to misogyny, especially if it's on this level, then add me to the list and call me a bitch. I'll happily accept the label...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really? I, mean, really? I'm surprised you side with the humorless and anti-woman forces of modern feminism.