Monday, March 10, 2008

Brief Update and "Spring Break" Goals

So it is slow at work this evening (wish I was outside enjoying the weather) and I figured I would take the time that I am allotted to catch up on some reading and writing while I am at work, as well as fire up some new posts and maybe get them out.

This weekend was one of the best weekends I have had in a long while, despite just doing a lot of work and hardly any play. I think I just needed to feel like I had accomplished some things, and this weekend I did. I holed myself up Friday and Saturday and caught up on quite a bit of chores and other things I have been neglecting. The end result was me accomplishing the majority of my goals this past weekend, with only a few odds and ends left that I can take care of over the course of the week due to a lighter working schedule (the majority of our customers are early year grad students that still get a week off for Spring Break this week). On top of this, Sunday at Amory's was a blast. A lot of people showed up (even if the majority of them were late) and much creativity was flowing around his place all day because of it. I was able to knock out a prologue to a story that I've had an idea for awhile that has mutated over the years and mutated even more over the course of being at Amory's all day Sunday. Once he gets it scanned in and posted on his art blog, I will go into more detail about it. Regardless, I am going to continue working on the story as things come to me and as free time opens up, all the while still working on my other projects that I want to put time into (like my weekly flash fiction pieces, and my Mr. Pickles short story that I would like to finish before my birthday (May 23rd)). Anyways, just as an FYI, I am already working on Chapter 1 (started some writing on it this morning while at school) and am outlining it right now as we speak as well, so keep checking back if you are interested in the unfolding of it. I know I was able to get a few praises while I was at the party from those that had read my finished product.

Looking forward to the end of the second quarter I am going through at IBC for the Veterinary Technician program, it's gone by fast, but has probably been the most stressful amount of time to date since I went back to school. Things have started to look up for the last few weeks and continuing to improve, so maybe here on out I can just go to school, work, write, have a little bit of a social life, and not stress over anything from here on out, plus I am hoping that doing so will help me meet my academic goals too that I haven't been making as of late. I get one week off (my Spring Break) in between quarters before I start up on my third quarter and the beginning of the my halfway point towards receiving my A.A.S., so I am going to write out some goals that I want to meet during that week off, nothing huge, just something to accomplish and give me the sense that I did something productive.

  • Get at least two chapters written and posted during that week for the God's Right Arm story I am currently working on (I did the prologue at Amory's b-day bash this past Sunday)
  • Post my usual flash fiction piece for the week
  • Start working on finding a part time, second job for the summer on the weekends
  • Hope to be back to where my weight was before the holidays and the case of laziness I accrued afterwards late last year
  • Ponder and solidify where I want my externship to be for my last quarter at IBC and keep looking at bachelor degree possibilities at IUPUI (though I'm 99.9% sure I already know what I want to take)
  • Take a mini vacation somewhere out of the city on that weekend (since I usually have them off at work) for a day or two

That's enough goals I think, as well as enough writing for this particular blog post.

Now excuse my while I go sit outside and work on this outline while watching the store. :)

No comments: