Monday, February 18, 2008

Cause and Effect Paragraph

Author's Note: This is the eighth paragraph that I have done for my COM 105 class and I received a 4/5 or an A- letter grade for it.

Cause and Effect


I came back to school for many reasons. One of the main reasons was because I was tired of working contract jobs in IT and wanted a career that was more stable and allow me to gain benefits once again. I have had to go to the emergency room a few times and have had other health issues crop up, where having insurance would cover most of the costs instead of leaving it solely up to me to pay, which is part of the reason that I am in the financial situation that I am right now. Another reason why I wanted to go back to school was because I felt like my life currently was not as pleasant as one that was filled with an education and possibly multiple degrees. I am currently working on my A.A.S. in Veterinary Technology, and despite a lot of stress brought on by my current financial situation, I could not be happier. I see myself pursuing a bachelor’s degree after this one is completed and not being satisfied until that is accomplished as well. Lastly, and probably the number one reason for me returning to school, is because I love animals and I really want to work in an environment where I am learning about them more and helping them. My goal is to work in a zoo, possibly at Sea World, or in an exotic animal rescue environment, and in order to do that, one must have the appropriate degree and desire. I have always had the desire, but now I need the degree, and that is what I am currently working on. Despite it all, I am very glad I went back to school, it has allowed me the opportunity to learn more on the level I’ve been wanting to, getting a degree in the appropriate field to help make some of my career dreams come true, as well as help me change my career completely and get into a field where the pay may be less, but the benefits are much improved, never mind the satisfaction I will receive from helping animals and others that love them.

No comments: